Monday, March 30, 2015

Always Adventure: Wahtum Lake - Mt. Hood National Forest



I have to admit...I'm the spontaneous and not fully planned out adventure type. Maybe I'm a little crazy, unorganized, or whatever you call it but to me it's more of an adventure if you go out of your comfort zone, go wherever your heart desires and where your feet will take you.





Take note, I don't advise making poor decisions that can put you in danger while in the wilderness but with a general idea and basic survival supplies and skills in your pack, I'm sure you'll be alright. 

As a Oregon native, I'm lucky enough to have somewhere new to adventure at the snap of a finger but  I feel even more lucky to be able to have family and friends who inspire and take part in my passions as well. Our average vacations were spent traveling by car, camping, and exploring new campgrounds and national parks. At the time I was jealous of my friends who went out of the country and laid on tropical beaches but as I've grown I've realized I wouldn't have had it any other way.



Anyways, to this past weekends adventure - Wahtum Lake. Unmarked trails, without a map or service on our phones, climbing up a rock fall, 2 miles down the wrong trail, we forged our own way to find an amazing ridge.




If you find your way to Wahtum Lake, I highly encourage you to bring with you a map.




No comments :

Post a Comment