Monday, March 16, 2015

Easy Levi's Boyfriend Jean DIY

On one of my many weekend getaways to Bend, I found myself wandering the isles of Goodwill in search of a perfect pair of Levi's. It seems I am in constant search for the perfect pair of vintage Levi's; they are so often looked after and picked through that it is hard to find a good pair in the city. 

At last and to my surprise, there they were: high waisted, my size, perfect condition, & in a favorable color...I don't know how I got so lucky! As perfect as they were, I knew I had to tailor them to fit my style so I decided to give them a little DIY distress treatment. I love the look and to be honest my favorite type of distressed jeans are the ones that are actually destroyed and worn out but you can't always skid your knees for the look so here I am. Like I've done to many jeans, here is my step-by-step DIY on how to destroy your jeans just right.







Step 1: Start with your preferred jean. I chose a high-waisted boot-leg pair of vintage Levi's. 



Step 2: Fold your jean leg to the top of your inseam, where the leg folds is typically where your knee will be.  


With a pencil, mark the fold for reference. 


Step 3: With a piece of sandpaper, rub the area to wear down the material. This step helps give a worn look for when you cut your jeans. I used a 60 grit sandpaper for its rougher properties and it helps wear down the material in less time. 


Step 4: With a razor blade, cut slits across the jean horizontally. Cut the slits close to one another and however large your want your hole, this will make the finishing steps easier. 
Important: Place a piece of card stock inside of the pant leg, under the piece that you are cutting on, so that you don't cut all the way through your jeans. 


For an open hole, it should look like this. 


For a more shredded look, cut your slits as shown below. 


Step 5: After you've cut your holes, feel free to sand the edges and any other spots you want to look a little more distressed. 



Jeans: Vintage 560's - Thrifted
Sandals: Topshop Leather Cork Flat Sandals - Nordstrom

::SIMILAR STYLES::


No comments :

Post a Comment