Monday, March 9, 2015

Watercolor Wonders :: DIY Calendars

My only way of staying on top of my life is to stay organized, whether it be through planners, sticky notes, text reminders or calendars, I need something to guide and remind me throughout my day. I've been eager to make a few watercolored calendars of my own for the new year so here I am. 
Despite my lack of incredible artistic ability with watercolors, this DIY was quite easy. 

First, you'll need supplies - I went to the local craft store and found myself a colorful set of watercolors, a pack of paint brushes, and some watercolor paper. I already had an artist pen that I used for drawing out the dates but any felt tip pen will do. 






First, you'll need supplies - I went to the local craft store and found myself a colorful set of watercolors, a pack of paint brushes, and some watercolor paper. I already had an artist pen that I used for drawing out the dates but any felt tip pen will do. 



Using a ruler, mark your days of the week so that Wednesday is in the center of your paper. 



Once you have your days and dates lined up, you might want to use a little something as inspiration, for me it's the blossoms from the tree in my front yard. Before using watercolor on your calendar, make sure you test your opacity and color on a scrap piece of paper. 


Finally, you have yourself a monthly calendar! 




No comments :

Post a Comment